Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Olivia's funeral arrangements

Dear friends,
I know many of you don't know this family, but below are little Olivia's funeral arrangements and the address of the family if you feel so inclined to write to them.

Thank you all for your generous gift of prayers for this family.

(Below is the email I received from the lady who was forwarding me Olivia's updates:
Dear Friends:



First, I want to apologize for the very briefly worded emails I have sent, and that I have simply forwarded emails. This whole thing has left me a bit short on words!



Today, I found God granting me the opportunity to greet Dave and Diane and their family quite unexpectedly. I attended a funeral for a dear elderly parishioner in our parish. The funeral was held in Syracuse. However, his burial plot was at the beautiful St. Joseph's Church in Paul Ne. This is just 3 miles from the McCoppin's home. I was surprised to find myself so close. I felt urged to stop in and give them my personal sympathies and those from our group. They were so grateful and gracious. This is going to be a long hard grieving process.



While I was there, the priest called ( I am not sure if it was Fr. Bush, their pastor, or Fr. McCabe, Pastor of St. Mary's), but they confirmed the arrangements for the Rosary and Funeral.

I am hoping that A LOT OF US can attend. There are very few Catholic Home Schoolers in their area. The McCoppin's have for years been a very strong and faithful Catholic Witness in an Evangelical Home Schooling Community.

I hope many of us are able to attend this Rosary and Funeral Mass to be a Catholic Prayer Support for them now and in the weeks, months, and years ahead.



If you have never had the chance to visit their home, you would be blessed to see that they live on a "dead end" road that has only two things on it:



Their Home and across the road St. Bernard's Catholic Church and Cemetery. It is a very beautiful gift to them that their little Olivia "Ollie" as they affectionately call her will be at rest so very near their home.



St. Mary's Catholic Church

520 1st Ave., Nebraska City, NE



Rosary:

Friday, June 18th, 7:00 pm



Funeral Mass:

Saturday, June 19th, 10:30 am



Both the Rosary and Funeral will be held at St. Mary's in Nebraska City

Please pray for the Priests ministering to them during their time of Grief.







Here are the McCoppin's other children's names and ages. I thought you might like to pray for them by name:



Corrine- age 20

Emily - age 19

John Paul-age 15

Eli - age 14

Thomas - age 10

Sophia- age 6

Hanna Rose- age 3



Also, if you would like to send them Mass Prayer Cards, Spiritual Bouquets over the months ahead Here is their home address:



Dave and Diane McCoppin

73698 Hwy. 75

Brock Ne 68320-3014





+AMDG+

No comments :

Post a Comment