Sunday, April 22, 2012

At Home With You

Newborns are mysterious. I will always be in awe of them. Every time. Sometimes, I stare so hard at her that I am almost can't see her. Does that make sense? Photobucket I love nursing her in just her diaper. I look at her fresh body in awe that right now is how she looked inside of me. Her wrinkled head, puffy upper eyes, tiny chicken legs. That is exactly how she was inside of me. Photobucket The moment I first saw this child, my heart fell crazy in love. I don't know if it was her hard labor and delivery. I don't know if it was that we made eye contact instantly. Whatever it was, I immediately knew her and felt she knew me. Photobucket I hope she learns to walk before she is five years old because I pretty much spend my day passing her from one child to another after much begging and pleading to constantly "hold her." Vianney probably is my #1 recruit. She asks ALL THE TIME and it started in the hospital from the moment she saw her. "Mama, I hold that baby?" She is really very good with her and knows how to work with her. Adorable. Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

8 comments :

  1. Please post a thousand more pictures of her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so sweet! I know exactly what you mean about them being mysterious. I love it so much. Mine is not brand-new anymore... 3 months old, cooing, rolling, and grinning, and my heart is already beginning to ache for another tiny one. Babies are wonderful.

    I've been reading your blog for a while now, and your posts are so inspiring. Thank you for your beautiful words.

    ReplyDelete
  3. every time I see a pregnant woman those exact same thoughts go through my head. I remember staring at myself for what seemed like hours at that same wonder. I'm glad to hear that wonder never goes away!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! Today is my baby's last day of being an official "newborn" and he already looks so old! So glad you enjoy this time...you inspire me to do the same.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you tell us about her name? I don't know anything about St. Damaris?

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lovely!! Your children are so precious. You have really taught me so much about appreciating them in their littleness (and I thought I already did). THANK YOU! And congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new baby! She's beautiful. I have been following your blog for a while and always really enjoy reading it. I forwarded a blog award on to your blog... you can view it in my last post... http://thislifewelove.blogspot.com/2012/04/liebster-blog-award.html. Thanks for all you share in your blog!

    ReplyDelete