Friday, January 18, 2013

Our baby's perfect life

The most loved baby in America. You have been held, adored, carried, fed, read to, talked to, danced with, coddled, played with and kissed your whole life outside the womb. I tell your siblings often to leave you alone because they are always picking you up and taking you with them everywhere. I love it though. You have to admit that few images are cuter than a little 5-year-old with a baby slung on her hip. I love how Zellie heaves you up there. With my whole honest heart, I know that our next baby will be this loved.
My friend Erica and I were talking today. She just had her fifth little girl and we were watching one of her daughters dote over their newest little girl. We both agreed how much delight it brings to our hearts to watch our children with each other. I said, "If people only knew the joy." Nothing in my life has ever matched the joy and blessings each one of our children has brought to our lives and hearts. Everyone of them matter to us as if they were our only one. I was watching Rose and Zellie look through an American Doll Catalog together and it was so sweet how they grabbed each others hand while looking at the catalog together.
Now more than ever, I know my own life is passing quickly and not only are we leaving each child behind us as we (God willing) go before them, but each one of our children is a generation of people. Damaris will be a grandmother to somebody someday. As much as I try, my mind cannot understand the human capacity of each individual person. I guess, simply put, that is why we leave our fertility to God and His perfect plan. I know that I've written this before but CHILDREN are the only "thing" we can give to God that He does not have. It takes our "YES" for this to happen. If you think about it, He could have chosen any way to bring forth new life, but for some reason He chose the marital act which takes our "YES."
Clairvaux asks me at least 20 times a day if I want to play Spot It with her.  It is a great card game that she hasn't quite grasped the concept except that you are to name a picture on the card.  In the above photo, they were trying to play Spot It and Damaris wanted in on the deal. 

12 comments :

  1. Beautifully written. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kari took the words out of my mouth. Your thoughts are beautiful and so true.

    Also, Damaris's eyelashes kill me.

    My four and two year old are always setting up games on the floor where the baby can crawl into them. Last week I hear my four-year-old say exasperatedly, "We gotta move him ourselves. Mommy will just laugh at us and tell us to play on the table!" Wonder why, if they know what I'll say, they don't set up on the table to begin with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily,
      FYI, I curl her eyelashes every morning after her bath. She wouldn't tell you because she is mute about her beauty secrets (well, she is mute about everything). Have a great day!

      Delete
  3. Our 5th baby has been the easiest by far because his older siblings are always helping out and keeping him entertained. What a difference from when we had our 4th baby and our oldest was only 4. Those were some tiring years, but I feel like it got a whole lot easier now :) Your family is gorgeous. DId you go to Steubenville?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Colleen,
      No, I did not, but sure would have loved it!!! I had three siblings, 134 cousins, my sister-in-law, most of my friends and two pets attend Steubenville. By chance, did you know Andrew, Kristin, or Samantha Niewald? Andrew married Maria Zuniga whom also attended Steubenville. You were probably my sister's roommate. Life works awesome like that. My cousins Jaime, Emily, Robbie, Katie, etc. BLACK also attended. How's that for too much info. Next up, I will be sharing with you how much I weigh. It will be so fun. Thank you for writing as I love hearing from others out there in space.

      Delete
  4. Oh your children are all so gorgeous! Love that last shot with the little girl;'s scapular showing--and what is that thing the other little girl has pinned to her dress? I'm sorry, I am new to your blog and haven't put all the names and faces together yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kerry. We find them quite charming and precious. How many small people do you have in your home? Have a great night and it was great to hear from you.

      Delete
  5. I must've missed something along the way but congratulations on your newest little one in utero!! What a beautiful family he or she gets to be born into. And your words about children being the only thing we can gift to God touched my heart. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So perfectly put! As hard as it can sometimes feel, I am always so grateful that we don't have to decide when the next little blessing is coming. That would be so much, much harder! I always feel like " who am I to think that I know better than God what His plan is for us!" And the horror that I might have given in to the temptation to say "not right now" and missed out on one of our precious children!
    Longish time reader who's never commented yet but couldn't resist..
    Oh, and congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So perfectly put! As hard as it can sometimes feel, I am always so grateful that we don't have to decide when the next little blessing is coming. That would be so much, much harder! I always feel like " who am I to think that I know better than God what His plan is for us!" And the horror that I might have given in to the temptation to say "not right now" and missed out on one of our precious children!
    Longish time reader who's never commented yet but couldn't resist..
    Oh, and congratulations to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  8. When people got pregnant, some of them wish a baby boy or some of them baby girl. Whatever the baby's gender, there should be a proper plan for that child. You can also find it out from here perfectly planning for a baby

    ReplyDelete