Sunday, October 20, 2013

the Panic run cry

Our in-home weatherman told me that today was probably the last nice day for a while. I hyperventilated and my blood pressure went up. John took the older kids on one last run during nap time and ran into a friend on the trail. Our "friend" told him that it might snow on Tuesday. I hyperventilated and my blood pressure went up. Damaris and Clairvaux love going on runs so much, but missed out on this adventure due to bad colds and coughs. Damaris is usually a very cheerful nap waker. I heard her in her room talking, but suddenly heard the shriek of an orc coming from her bedroom. I knew her head was stuck between the slats or her foot had come off. It was that crazy of a shriek. I sped down the hall like Flo Jo to find Damaris straddling her bed rail looking out the window which allowed her to view the kids coming up the street from the run. She knew she had missed out. She was shaking in fear that her beloved was leaving without her. She screamed, "A RUN. A RUN.  Mama, A RUN!"  We had to bundle her up to go on a little stroll.  She was trying to get ready with her shoes, socks, hat, and coat so fast because she knew John was going to leave her any minute.

This picture was not taken today, but I love tippie toe pictures.





4 comments :

  1. Yes! Love the tippie - toe pictures!! :) I also love when your sense of humor comes out in your posts ... ;) I looked at the pictures before I read the post and thought, "wow. They still have really nice weather!" The fall temps have sure hit us and our friend said they have already had snow twice! (In a different state than we are ...) Anyway ... that little girl is so cute and getting so big. I have only been following your blog for a few months but I have sure noticed how fast she is growing!

    Oh, also -- I wanted to say thanks for posting so frequently. :) I'm sure you're an extremly busy mother but I love reading about the little everyday happenings in your beautiful family. :) God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsay-

    When you have a free moment would you mind posting some info on St. Gerard. My husband and I are trying to get pregnant and we are having a difficult time- do you know any prayers to say? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete