Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Our Shop Around the Corner

Chapter books and series we have enjoyed:

-Redwall series by Brian Jacques
-The Lord of the Rings series by J.R.R. Tolkien
-Little House on the Prairie series by Laura Ingalls Wilder
-The Roman Mysteries series by Caroline Lawrence
-The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
-Biggles' Big Adventures by Captain W.E. Johns
-NERDS:  National Espionage, Rescue and Defense Society by Michael Buckley
-The Hardy Boys by Franklin W. Dixon
-Magic Tree House series by Mary Pope Osbourne
-Alvin Fernald Mystery Series by Clifford B. Hicks
-American Girl series
-The Chronicles of Narnia by C.S. Lewis








3 comments :

  1. You and your children might enjoy the Ranger's Apprentice series by John Flanagan. My husband and I have read them and they are very good, clean, wholesome books. My 15 year old daughter and 13 year old daughters have read and reread them over and over and over since they were about 10-11. They quote them all the time! There's 10 in the series. I've only read about 7. My 11 year old boy and 8 year old boy have caught up to me! Their dad read the first two or three out loud to them, but they liked them so much, they kept reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh. I haven't read NERDS, but my girls and I have enjoyed Michael Buckley's "The Sisters Grimm" series. Very clever and fun. I'll have to point them toward NERDS now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you would all like Escape from Mr Lemoncello's Library :)

    ReplyDelete