Thursday, March 19, 2015

We are Home

I guess when you go from these early pictures to the later pictures in a three week span in takes a while to process in your mind and heart. Lourdes and I arrived home on Friday, March 6th in the late afternoon. Lourdes is doing so well.  She is very loved by all her siblings. She hasn't figured out how to sleep at night so hopefully we can do that soon.  She is gaining weight and eating well.  My sister was on spring break the first week and then my mother was well enough to come a portion of the second week. Thank you for praying. I attempt to get to the computer every night to write all my memories of her birth and three week stay in the NICU.  
We are still awaiting the results from her genetic testing.  Babies born with omphaloceles have a thirty percent chance of having an additional syndrome called Beckwith-Wiedemann Syndrome.  Children with this syndrome lead a completely normal life in all realms.  What is especially worrisome is that if the syndrome is present, the child has an increased risk for developing cancer at an early age. If her results come back positive for the syndrome, she will have a blood draw every 6 weeks and an abdominal ultrasound every 3 months for the first 8 years of her life to check for tumors.  I really get overwhelmed at this possibility because of all the extra appointments and namely waiting "the call" every 6 weeks to see if anything was found. I know how it felt to wait the first time to hear if the mass was cancer so to do this every 6 weeks for 8 years is very overwhelming. Several have asked what they can pray for.  We would very much appreciate prayers for this testing to come back negative.  Thank you so much. 








25 comments :

  1. Praise God. Still praying for you. She is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The picture of her with your mom- just too heartbreaking. May God give them both full health, happiness, and a long life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, I am so glad to see this post! But yeah, the picture of your mom with Lourdes is a tear-jerker! I am praying for both of them, especially for the genetic testing to come back negative. I love the picture of all the kids together! Praise God you are home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She's gorgeous! We've been sending up lots of prayers for her. I'm so happy to hear that she's home! Praise God! We will continue to pray for her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lourdes is not only beautiful like all her brothers and sisters, but she looks so healthy and plump! Praise God. I am so happy that you all are together again. I will certainly pray that the genetic test is negative-my children and I have been praying for Lourdes every night-and will keep your mom in my prayers as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She's so beautiful! Will continue prayers for her...and so happy she is doing so well!

    Praying for your beautiful mom too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for sharing these beautiful pictures! I will continue to pray for your family, especially for Lourdes and for your mom's healing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Seeing all the children happily together on the sofa brought tears to my eyes, but they actually FELL when I saw your sweet mother holding her granddaughter. My prayers are with you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful sight. Will continue to keep your family in prayer.

    ReplyDelete
  10. She is so beautiful and so is your mother! And that couch full of blessings - how lovely! :)
    I just want to thank you so much for taking the time to share your life with all of us. You are such an inspiration and I appreciate you!
    Also, I finally put together how I "know" you... after following your blog for quite some time. I went to college at NSU and attended St. Brigid's. I believe it was you who once gave me a ride in her van back to the dorms when the sidewalks were particularly icy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. So good to hear you are both home! It must be wonderful to be back with the rest of the family.

    Wishing you all the best, and your mom too, of course. May she become completely healthy again.

    Thank you for the update :).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers for healing all around!
    Such a beautiful amount of love in these photos.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much for posting these pictures of your beautiful baby girl. She looks perfect. And thank you for allowing us to pray for her and sharing your beautiful family with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. She is beautiful! I've been praying for her and your mom and wondering (and hoping she was home and you were just too busy to post). I will continue to keep your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  15. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the one of both Zellie and Lourdes looking at your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm so glad she's home at last! Thank you for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  18. She is beautiful! I pray that the test will come out negative - and that it will all be sunshine and roses from here!

    ReplyDelete
  19. She really is so beautiful, I've been praying hard for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am crying tears of joy- thank you so much for updating. What you all went through is like a war. There's Survival mode and then the ripple effect of being in the clear but then the implications of the stress on your mind body and spirit... be gentle with yourself as you go through these next few months, years, PTSD is very common with events such as these and it happens to many of us. So much happening all at once and seemingly never ceasing. I will offer up all of my similar struggles for you and Lourdes as My mother's heart prayers are the strongest say the charismatic priests. Please call me anytime if you would like to talk.. I will sure be here for you. Please let me know if I can do anything besides pray my heart out!
    Kris Borngrebe

    ReplyDelete
  21. She's so beautiful. I love the picture of all the kids on the couch with her. So glad she's home and doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  22. What a beautiful little lady. Sending you so many prayers and love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm just catching up on my blog reading and I am SO GLAD so hear Lourdes is home and doing well!! I will continue to pray for her and all of you and your mother as well ♡♡

    ReplyDelete