Saturday, July 18, 2015

The little kids

I am s.l.o.w.l.y realizing that I don't have all "little kids" anymore.  When you spend your days together, I guess it is natural to not realize that they aren't "little" anymore.  Dominic spent a week at Leadership Camp and I am not sure how I will ever logically let him go to college in five very short years, but it hit way too close to home to have him gone that long.  We missed his joyful presence in our home everyday.  He had a mountain top experience.

 I've been told numerous times that little ones of larger family get the best of you because as your older kids start approaching the runway to leave home, your eyesight comes into focus real quick about what is important and that silly stuff you worry about suddenly disappears.

I went upstairs to give Kapaun a bath tonight and John came up shortly afterwards.  We dressed him in his airplane jams and sat on the floor and watched his darling ways.  I asked John if he thought everybody thinks he is as cute as we think.   We then came downstairs to everybody surrounding Lourdes and laughing at the way she sucks in her bottom lip now.  It really was simple, but when it is your own baby, everything is grand...as it should be. 

Whatever it is, time is such a gift.  I am thankful to have everybody back at home together.  Every night last week when I went to bed, a true part of my heart ached knowing Dominic was about an hour from our home. 





4 comments :

  1. As always, I love this, Lindsay! Yes, I think the more babies you have, the best of you they get because you know how fast it goes :(
    All the photos of so sweet, but the one of Kapaun pushing Lourdes in the stroller is so adorable! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading about your perspective in life. The kids are darling and your heart is full of love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just told Mike last night that I feel like I need to keep having babies because I can't picture myself caring for older children, but I know I can DO babies... I am so scared for them to get big! I just need to keep coming back here because you always encourage and inspire me.

    And yes, Kapaun really is SO cute- they are all so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't know what it is about tiny strollers, but mine are drawn to them like a moth to flame:) Kapaun is getting so big!

    ReplyDelete